The initial repair and decoration of the internal walls was done by Stephen Capper Restoration of Taverham. The rotten wooden floor in the nave was replaced, the north east corner of the church underpinned and repairs carried out to the flintwork.
Devlin Plummer Stained Glass of Great Moulton fitted new glass in the chancel’s east and south windows - admitting daylight into the church for the first time in many decades as all the windows had been boarded up.
During 2011 the remaining chancel windows and the west window received new glazing, while the nave and vestry windows had their boards replaced by temporary Perspex..
During 2014 and early 2015 the church was closed for work by S L Restoration. New tracery and other stonework for the nave windows was carved by stonemason Steve Miles. All windows were properly glazed, the flintwork and roof repaired, and new drainage installed.
A mitred bust of the church’s most celebrated incumbent John William Colenso arrived on long-term loan from the family of the sculptor, Laurence Bradshaw, who had created it in 1968. The Rev John Colenso was rector here from 1846 until 1853, when he emigrated to southern Africa to become the controversial but much loved Bishop of Natal. The bust is housed in a purpose-made display cabinet constructed with the help of the Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
See more on John Colenso
The new vestry and kitchen were completed and outside a bio-toilet was installed, partly funded by a grant from South Norfolk District Council. Local tradesman Robert Eastaff supplied and installed the interior cladding at no cost.