As well as the restoration of the church fabric and all the other improvements, latest phase of the project provides new display boards, a complete 32-page history of St Mary’s through 1000 years, a new sound system and this dedicated website.
The publication ‘A History of St Mary’s Church, Forncett, Norfolk’ has been written by Roy Tricker, a Lay Canon of St Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds, who is widely noted for authoring church guide books. The publication - available from Graham Prior - is the source of much on the content of this website.
The remarkable resurrection has transformed St Mary’s from a derelict near-ruin to a beautiful building that is both a Holy Place and an increasing asset the whole local community. The product of much devotion, care, skill and hard work! Yet much essential work goes unsung. Maintenance of the churchyard, cleaning the church, arranging fund-raising efforts and the meetings of the Friends of St Mary’s continue to be so vital to safeguard the future.