The 15th century porch, which stood roofless for several years, has four old, worn burial slabs in the floor and is fitted with benches of 1904 from Forncett St Edmund chapel.
It contains a recess for a water stoup where people dipped their fingers into Holy Water and made the sign of the cross on entering the church. The heavy door with a beautiful linenfold pattern has been admitting worshippers and visitors for maybe 500 years.
In an early stage in the restoration the porch was given a temporary roof provided by local builder John Fitchew, and soon afterwards a new ceiling. Then in 2019 porch restoration was completed, replacing the asphalt roof covering with stainless steel rather than lead.